Thursday, July 23, 2009

Throwback Thursday

The date: 1969-1975
The place: All of these were taken somewhere in the vicinity of Sulphur, Louisiana
The mood: Oh, there is just so much to say. So I'll give a brief rundown of each photo. Please feel free to comment if I miss anything.

1969ish - please note Denise's lovely glasses and orange ensemble. Poor David hadn't had eye surgery yet to fix his lazy eye, but the shorts with longsleeves adds a nice touch. Mike didn't get the memo that white socks don't go with black dress shoes. Me - I really just didn't want to take the picture. That sofa was a luxurious dark green vinyl.

I like this picture alot. It is one of the few we have of our entire family. I was probably about 2 years old so this would have been around 1970. I am not sure where we were because I don't recognize that couch. Denise is rockin' that plaid skirt. My mom looks so young with her headband and flippy hair.


1972 - Mike was 14, Denise was 12, David was 6 and I was 3. My MawMaw Petree (mom's mom) made our matching dresses. Don't miss the fact that David is wearing a plaid tie that matches his plaid shirt. Now there's a new fashion trend that didn't catch on. Mike would spend hours in the bathroom trying to get his hair to do that.


Probably 1973 - I was a flowergirl in a wedding. Sorry Mike, you were just too tall to fit your head in the picture. That corner of the living room was our "photo corner" for some reason. Don't miss Mike's white shoes. I think we still have that set of encyclopedias somewhere. I spent hours looking through those when I was a kid.



1974 - David and Mike were both secure enough in their manhood to wear varying shades of pink. Mike still had the combover bang thing going on. Denise had seriously long hair. I remember wearing that little necklace was kind of a big deal for me. Um, David, what were you looking at?


1975 - Mike's hair changed from the combover to the butt cut part down the middle. Nice black leisure suit with very busy shirt. That 70's Show would have loved this for their costume department. David is stylin' with his white bow tie and shirt. You can't tell from the photo but I went with the nautical sailor look in this photo. My sister cut her hair all short and sassy.

3 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

That's so sweet! My how times have changed.

PS - where was the memo in the first pic that black socks don't go with white dress shoes. The guys just needed to exchange socks!

Traci said...

Love these!! I still can't get over how much Brian looks like Uncle David.

GranDee said...

THESE ARE AWESOME - I LOVE YOUR PLAY-BY-PLAY FOR EACH PIC.
AND YOU SAID YOU'RE HAVING BLOG-BLOC - I DON'T SEE IT heehee