Thursday, July 16, 2009

Throwback Thursday

The date: Only one pic said 1980 on it so the other ones were late 70's
The place: Miller's Resort, Hot Springs, Arkansas
The mood: These are the pictures I was referring to in this post. Miller's was a favorite vacation spot for my family over the years.

This is my brother David and me in front of our luxury condo complete with lumpy pull out vinyl sofa and kitchenette. Check out my high waisted shorts and halter top. Mom, where was my modesty? Why was my brother wearing blue jeans in the summer?
This is the pool with a diving board. Most pools these days don't have those for liability reasons. David is showing off his moves. The picture below is the dock. We watched the boats come in and out of this little inlet. We did not have a boat. We did some fishing off of this dock. My dad said I talked too much and scared all of the fish away. :(
Normally, I would not post a picture of me in a swimsuit on my blog, but I'll make an exception. Look at that tan. Obviously, sunscreen was optional.


This picture was from one of the first trips I remember. I was deathly afraid of the water and I'm not sure why. I would not let go of the side of the pool even with my life jacket on. Finally, on the very last day I let go and had fun "swimming" then I cried because we had to go home.


My family has always referred to this photo as the "starving Ethopian child". I know that isn't politically correct. But it shows that I was a pretty skinny kid and got really dark in the summertime. Maybe I should have eaten some of that bread instead of feeding it all to the ducks. Again, we've got some modesty issues with those short shorts.



Just in case you were considering booking your summer vacation at Miller's Resort, sadly I have to inform you that it is no longer there.

1 comment:

All Things Istre of Katy said...

Thanks for the memories. Also, I was in blue jeans because I had not yet started my vacation. My vacation officially started when I put on my swimtrunks and ran barefoot to the pool.