Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fun Finds

After the crazy week we had, I told Kevin that I needed a break from the boys and they needed a break from me. So he graciously let me have the majority of the day on Saturday to run errands and just wander the aisles of Marshalls without wiping any bottoms or attempting to convince someone to eat or drink something.

I stopped by the consignment store where I take some of the boys clothes to pick up my check. I found these cute things and they were essentially free since I used my store credit to purchase them.


This wooden clock is from Pottery Barn Kids. You can see from the picture that each little rotating block has the number, the number written out, the number in dots and the minutes. I'm pretty sure Fletcher will start learning to tell time either in kindergarten or maybe 1st grade so I hope it will be helpful. It is just really cute. Fletcher loves it.

Note the Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer on the counter. Momma don't play when it comes to viruses. Also note the sympathy flowers that Kevin brought home to me Friday night because he knew we had a rough week. Awwwww. Why, yes, that is yet another gun that Fletcher is holding. Kevin took care of a neighbor's dog and they brought toys for the boys as a thank you. This is one of those air guns that shoots foam suction bullets. Kevin and Fletcher have had fun with it. Those foam bullets do stick to the ceiling but they eventually fall off.


Luke is really into big machines these days so when I saw this giant Little Tikes excavator and bulldozer I knew he would love them. He does. They are on the deck right now and he has asked to go outside to play with them. They are previously loved but they still have lots of life left in them. We got out the scrub brushes and soap and the boys had fun washing them.

Now I just need to convince Kevin that we need a big sandbox for them. Of course, that will involve killing the grass but I think it would be totally worth it. Another option would be to take the dirt out of the garden and fill that box with sand. Hmmmm. Now there's a thought.

I'd kill grass for this cute face anyday.







I'll have a garden update for you perhaps tomorrow.

No comments: