Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chalk One Up

Before I had kids, my friends with kids told me that dads interact differently with their kids than moms do. Whether it's changing a diaper, giving a bath or playing, dads just do it differently. I didn't understand at first. But now I do.

Fletcher went to a birthday party recently and he received sidewalk chalk in the goodie bag. I was in the house cleaning up the kitchen after dinner. I'll let these pictures speak for themselves.

I know I said I would let the pictures speak for themselves, but please note Kevin's face.

And neck.




Luke is just now starting to learn his colors. Kevin put some pink chalk on his feet and Luke frantically started wiping it off saying, "Not pink. Not pink. Not pink."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My sister and I have decided that if it weren't for Dads the kiddos would just about never do anything dangerous or messy. ;)

Georgia Girl said...

Did you just hose them down after that before they were allowed back inside?

Hope you had a nice Girl's Weekend!