Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Just Call Me Martha

We needed a new something(????) for our front door since we took down the giant candy cane from Christmas. I didn't really want a boring wreath (although I have a few of those). I saw a cute idea on another blog and thought I'd try to copy it.

Here is the finished product (please disregard the dirty Crocs on the front porch):

Of course, my project got a little complicated. I am not very crafty and most crafty things I try seem to run into various challenges so I should expect it. Or maybe I should stop trying to do crafty things altogether. I bought a cheap picture frame from Garden Ridge Pottery. The plan was to take the glass out and spray paint the frame. But (there's always a but) in MY frame the glass had been glued in place. I've probably purchased 50+ frames in my lifetime, maybe more. Never once has the glass been glued in place. But of course, the one and only time I need to remove the glass, it is glued very securely in place. Grrrrrr. So my additional step in my craft project involved a hammer and broken glass. I probably should have used wire ribbon too since my bow making skills are a little lacking.

Since I am from Louisiana and the Saints are going to the Super Bowl (!!!!!), I think this project would look cute in Saints colors with a fleur de lis instead of an initial. Or a heart and red, white and pink colors for Valentines Day. The possibilities are endless. Maybe I should start my own business.

Or maybe not.

2 comments:

saintdee01 said...

THAT'S TOO CUTE RACH. I MAY HAVE TO GET WORKING ON MAKING ME ON OF THESE ---- THE N.O. SAINTS VARIETY.

traci said...

That is really cute!! If I didn't live in Portie town, I might make one for my door. Maybe I can make Evie's door "wreath" for the hospital like that.