Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gallery Opening

I bought some frames many years ago at Target. "Many" as in "when we lived in Florida" so that was at least three years ago. They are knock offs of a popular Pottery Barn frame design. They have a slot on the top or side, depending on how they are hung, to "drop in" kids' artwork. I've had trouble deciding where to hang them ever since I bought them. I found a place along our stairs. Kevin hung them for me Sunday afternoon - all afternoon - it took that long to figure out the geometry, trigonometry, and engineering. Turns out hanging them along the angle of the stairs is not as easy as I thought it would be in my head. Sorry babe!

Fletcher took a beginning art class last semester. These are some of his projects. He thinks it's cool to see his stuff on the walls in the main room of the house. Luke's stuff will be coming soon. So far all of his art from preschool is more three dimensional (think noodles, cotton balls, beads, bells, etc) so it doesn't fit in the frame.


Tiger and scarecrow.

Train, teddy bear and fall leaves.

I think this might be leaves too and maybe a bird, but I think I might have hung it the wrong way. Shhhh! Don't tell the artist.