Friday, January 29, 2010

Hey, You Look Like...

This is my FB profile pic. It is pretty much how I look now. My hair is a little longer and I need to get in for a haircut and some highlights to cover those pesky gray hairs. Well, let me clarify those two sentences. It is pretty much how I look now IF I have had a shower, washed my hair, fixed my hair, put on makeup and waited for my husband to find the right lighting and setting to take a picture that wouldn't show my wrinkles and brown spots from too much tanning in the 80's. Ok now that I've cleared that up, we can continue.
Sunday at church an elderly lady stopped me and said, "Oh my! You look like Ali McGraw." I smiled and told her thank you. I wasn't exactly sure who Ali McGraw was, but I had a vague idea. This is her in Love Story with Ryan O'Neal.

However, Ali McGraw is now 71 years old. I'm not sure if the lady at church was referring to the Love Story Ali McGraw or this Ali McGraw.
Yikes! Maybe I need to call my hair stylist today and make an appointment for a haircut AND a facial or botox or something.

Well, that got me thinking about that age old icebreaker questions: Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person and if so who?

So I thought I'd share.

I've been told I look like two famous people at different times in my life. I had never gotten the Ali McGraw comment until Sunday.

First, Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years. My students used to tell me this alot. Possibly to annoy me or possibly because they thought it was true. Here's Winnie and here's a picture from when I taught school. You decide. (Why, yes those were floral patterned linen shorts. Still not sure how I got away with wearing those to school. Maybe because I wore hose with them. Ahhhhhh. What was I thinking????)
When I did computer software training right after Kevin and I got married, I taught different groups of people every day. Several people in different classes told me they thought I looked like Ashley Judd. My hair was shorter then and I think she had recently starred in a couple of popular movies. Here's Ashley and here's me about that time. (This was back before kids when we actually went to fancy parties and got to dress up).




Meh. I don't see Winnie or Ashley when I look in the mirror... except maybe when I don't have my contacts in (did I mention I am legally blind without them???).

There's also a local news reporter here who happens to be the mom of another kindergartner in Fletcher's class at school. I've had several people at church and at school tell me I look like her, but I don't see it. Neither does Kevin. Plus, she's not exactly famous and might think it is weird if she found her picture on my blog so I'll skip her.

What about you? Has anyone told you that you look like a famous person? If so, who?

No comments: