Thursday, April 16, 2009

Throwback Thursday


The date: July, 1986
The place: Coming home from Centrifuge at Glorieta, NM so we were probably in the middle of nowhere TX.
The mood: After my recent post on smoking smarties, I had to laugh when I ran across these pictures. This was my Olivet Baptist church youth group "smoking" candy cigarettes. I am sure our youth minister was thrilled. On the back of one of the pictures I wrote that we were coming home with no AC. That doesn't surprise me in the least since I think our church van was held together by duct tape. It broke down on every single trip we ever went on. Ahhh, the memories. Yes, I think that is a nail file that Danyelle is holding to Brent's neck. The Texas heat in July will do that to you. Oh and by the way, why didn't anyone tell us that those enormous sunglasses were not attractive in the least?

No comments: