Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cream Colored Ponies And Crisp Apple Streudels

I haven't done a post on a few of my favorite things in a while so here goes.

These pictures are on Fletcher's wall in his room. I found them at the children's consignment store for $5 each. But wait, there's more! I take some of the boys clothes and toys here to consign them so I had a credit. I used my credit and didn't pay anything out of pocket for these matted and framed prints. I wish I knew more about who made them. His room doesn't have a theme but he is starting to get interested in sports so I thought these were perfect.




This is the back wall of my laundry room. This little device only sticks out about an inch when closed.

But when opened, I have all this space to hang up stuff to dry. Incidentally, I bought this on clearance at Pottery Barn almost two years ago. It is no longer available. It has been sitting in the box in the laundry room since we moved into this house in August 2007. I just had Kevin hang it a few months ago and I love it. The other day I had some of the aforementioned unmentionables hanging to dry and Fletcher said, "Mommy, it looks likes a colorful rainforest in here!!!"


This was a complete impulse buy at Target. I use colanders and strainers alot around here for berries, grapes, pasta, etc. And these nest inside of each other for easy storage. The green color just makes me happy every time I use them. Fletcher likes the smallest one with the handle because he can hold it and rinse grapes or berries.

This paring knife is made by a company names Kuhn Rikon from Switzerland. It is super sharp and it comes with its own cover which is great for storing and also taking on a picnic lunch. There's a coating on the blade that keeps food from sticking to it. With a 20 month old, I do lots of cutting, chopping, peeling, and dicing so these are great. I found these on clearance at Sur La Table, but since then I have also seen them at places like Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I bought an orange one too.

Do you have any favorite things to share?

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Ooh i have one of those colorful knives and I love it! Mine's bright blue. Fun colored kitchen utensils are awesome!