Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Own Version Of 27 Dresses (Throwback Thursday)

Today's Throwback is a little different. We have lots of pictures instead of just one or two!

A few months ago a movie came out entitled "27 Dresses". The main character was "always a bridesmaid, never a bride" not once, but 27 times. Well, I wasn't in 27 weddings, but I was a bridesmaid ten times before I got married. So here are the pictures to prove it. The dates range from 1989 through about 1995. See if you can pick up on any late 80's/early 90's fashion trends!

I've tried to put them in chronological order as best as I could remember. Unfortunately, for three of the dresses I didn't have any actual wedding party pictures.

Mint green, tea length, bow on butt, material unknown (satin maybe), shoes dyed to match. These are wrinkled because they've been stuffed in a box in the closet. I kept all of them thinking that I would let my daughter play dress up in them one day. Kevin says Fletcher and Luke are not allowed to play dress up in them. :)


Floral print, tea length, cotton, no bow on butt, shoes dyed a mint green.

Green velvet, tea length, lace applique on front, drop waist, gathered sleeves, bow on butt (hard to see in picture), shoes dyed to match. Fall wedding.

Two piece, teal green, tea length skirt, scalloped neckline, bone colored shoes. I actually wore this one as a church dress after the wedding.



Floral print, drop waist, tea length but higher in front than the back (what is that called?), bow on butt, light purple shoes.


Fuschia two piece, shawl wrapped collar, short skirt, shoes dyed to match. Karen and Steff are still mad at me for making them wear so much makeup that day. What was I thinking?

Two piece, turquoise and white, tea length skirt, bow in front, white shoes. I do remember it being incredibly hot in Louisiana on this day.

Black and white, two piece, tea length, shawl flowy collar, black shoes.


Floral print, halter top, long dress, can't remember if there was a bow on butt, but look closely at my white gloves. Shoes were white I think.

Two piece, black and white plaid silk, long skirt, black dyed shoes.
That's all ten! I know some of you are wondering (if you weren't there) what my bridesmaids dresses looked like. Here's the only pic I could find without disassembling my entire wedding album (Sorry, Stacie). Purple eggplant color, sleeveless, rounded neckline, empire waist, tea length with shoes dyed to match.

4 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Fun post!!! That's awesome!!!

Unknown said...

It's hard to pick out a favorite!

Georgia Girl said...

Is it Thursday? Where did the week go??

I love the post! So you were saving them for dress up, eh? Can you believe I just got rid of all my bridesmaid gowns a few weeks ago. Sent them away with my mom so she could consign them. I was 8 times a bridesmaid. About a decade later than you so I didn't have the pleasure of the big bows!!

traci said...

I'm not really surprised with the big bow on butt...BUT what was up with the floral print!!! LOL thank God I was born in the 80s, and got to bypass that era of style!!!