Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Who Knew?

I remember when I was a kid and I found out that wintergreen LifeSavers spark when you bite into them. It is a little tricky to see because you have to bite but sort of keep your mouth open to see the spark. I thought it was cool.

I was reading a blog yesterday and there was a link on their sidebar entitled "Smoking Smarties". Of course, I was curious to know if it was talking about the candy or something else so I clicked the link. Remember those little Smarties candies? About 20 little circular disk type candies wrapped in a little plastic tube? Well, kids have figured out that if they crush them and inhale them they can blow smoke out of their mouths that looks exactly like cigarette smoke. I didn't believe it until I saw the video. I don't think it is harmful unless they inhale too much. It makes them cough and sort of burns their throat.

The video below shows some kids demonstrating how it's done along with a Fox & Friends interview. Incidentally, the interview itself could be a separate post entirely (wow, Jeremy could use a speech class). I also loved the "official statement" from the Smarties company. They're probably wondering why Smarties sales have skyrocketed.



So if you are bored this weekend, here's a fun activity for you to try.

2 comments:

Thom Trahan said...

Speech class? I may be stating the obvious here, but I think the poor guy has had too many smarties.

Meagan N. said...

wow...i gotta add that the anchors are taking that way too seriously too. jeremy has definitely had one too many of something besides smarties, or he was just really nervous.