Friday, March 6, 2009

Lest Ye Forget

Fletcher was coming home with several papers from preschool that were just scribble coloring. I know he can color better than that when he concentrates. But we found out that he tries to hurry through his work so he can play with his friends instead. So we've talked alot recently about how 5 year olds don't "scribble scrabble". They take their time and do their best blah blah blah. Using the "5 year olds do this or that" speech seems to work for now.

Fletcher and I were coloring at the table Thursday night. We were working on a picture together and he was having fun. He even wrote his name and my name "Mom" at the top of the paper since we were doing it together.

Fletcher: This is gonna look like a picture that a 5 year old and a 20 year old colored.
Mom: (I'll take a compliment when I can get it so I didn't say anything)
Fletcher: Wait. I meant this is gonna look like a picture that a 5 year old and a 40 year old colored.

Cue the Bryan Adams "Love Cuts Like a Knife" music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the honesty of a 5 year old. Don't ya love it?

Georgia Girl said...

Oh but what joy they bring to our lives...the reason we go through the pain (physical, mental, emotional) that we do to expand our families with children! If you could only see me right now...I won't tell you what I'm doing. Let's just say it's not what you want to be doing at 3:40 in the morning.