Friday, March 13, 2009

You Scratch My Back. . .

We have a denim sofa and a leather chair in our living room. We bought them P.C. (pre-children). The sofa is super comfortable with a high back. Great for watching TV or napping. The chair is called a "pressback" chair because the back reclines but it has an ottoman to go with it. It was our compromise because Kevin wanted a recliner but I didn't like the looks of any of the recliners we saw.

We've had the furniture for awhile now. A little over 7 years. I think about how nice it would be to get new stuff. But then I remember that we have children. Even though we don't let them have food in the living room, the sofa is still looking a little worn. And let's just say that with Luke's runny nose due to allergies, I am neither confirming or denying that he sometimes may or may not use the sofa as his personal Kleenex. Good thing the covers are washable.

Now on to the chair/ottoman. Sadie didn't get the memo that the chair is not for her. She may or may not have put a few scratches on it in the early days but she knows better now. The other day I happened to look at the back of it. This is what I found:

Why, yes, that is not one but two letter "F's" scratched into the leather. Can you guess who may or may not have done that?

Maybe new furniture is overrated.

2 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

Hmmm...could "F"adie have done that? Yes, new furniture is very overrated! If you are ever in my home you will see that we have an eclectic blend of furniture from many years. I will tell you this was my grandmother's, the couch was my parents, and I bought that at a yard sale. Needless to say, the dings and dents are the least of my worries :-) My mom always said she should have raised us in a barn.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I can't believe Uncle Kevin would do that!! What was he trying to write?? Fruit, Football, Fancy, Funny Faces,...it could've been anything.

Maybe we should've waited on the new furniture! :)