Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Traci!

March is a big birthday month for our family too.

My niece Traci is 26 today. She and her husband Cade have an incredibly cute baby boy named Bear. She is a great wife and mom. I never dreamed my niece and I would have kids who are just nine months apart. I was in 9th grade when she was born. One of my favorite memories is when she and her brother (my nephew Thom) would come over to our house. They lived in the same town so we saw them alot. Every time they would leave Traci would ask my parents (their grandparents) if she could take home a bag of chips. Not just occasionally but every single time they came over. Of course, being the good MawMaw and PawPaw that they are, they would tell their sweet, spoiled first granddaughter "Yes" even though I registered my protests rather loudly! I tried to convince them to give her the ones I didn't like, but they let her choose whichever ones she wanted. So while Traci was in Cheetos heaven, I was stuck with plain boring Lays potato chips for my lunch throughout my high school years. But I'm not bitter.

Happy Birthday, Traci! We hope you have a wonderful day. We love you & we miss you! Hope to see you soon.

P.S. I thought about putting this picture on the blog but decided to do the rocking horse one instead. How are those Cheetos tasting now? :)

6 comments:

saintdee01 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - TRACI
AND MANY MORE
WE LOVE YOU
MOM & DAD

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Thanks for the birthday wishes!! Sorry about the chip thing...you should blame my Mom...she wouldn't buy us Cheetos!

All Things Istre of Katy said...

Happy Birthday Traci!

I think that is why I like Lays so much. Also, Rachel you always seemed to have Funyuns available :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Traci! see you soon...Love Aunt Monette

Thom Trahan said...

Oh man that last picture is great! I remember her getting chips from Mawmaw's house too!

Anonymous said...

I like how Thom says that I am the only one who got chips. He probably was the one telling me..."don't forget the chips Traci". Like a 4 year old could come up with that on her own.