Monday, January 19, 2009

The Whole Tooth and Nothing But the Tooth

Strange thing happened on Sunday morning before church.

Fletcher had just gotten in trouble for talking back to us. He was crying and biting on the cuff of his shirt sleeve. I told him to quit biting on his clothes because he was going to tear his shirt. Then he said, "Mommy, my tooth is bleeding."


He sometimes has a flair for the dramatic when he's been reprimanded (no idea where that comes from). So I glanced over while I was making breakfast and there's a big gaping hole in his mouth. His bottom tooth had come out. We didn't even know it was loose. He apparently didn't either because he never said anything about it feeling funny. I found the tooth on the floor and the root was pretty much gone so it must have been barely hanging on. Great parents we are -- our firstborn has a loose tooth and we don't even know it.

So then he said, "Put it back in." After we explained that couldn't happen, we talked about the Tooth Fairy and he decided that he liked the opportunity to make money instead. Here are a few pictures and the note he wanted to write to the Tooth Fairy.


Anyone know what the going rate is for teeth these days?

Getting everything ready. Years ago in preschool he got a little white box that looks like a tooth. That's what he is putting under his pillow.



In case you can't read it, the note says (I wrote exactly what he said)

"Dear Tooth Fairy, My name is Fletcher. What do you do with the tooths? If you are going to take them, dump them out and don't take the box because I might need it again. Can you leave two moneys? Thank you. Fletcher"










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Well how much does the tooth fairy pay these days?

Anonymous said...

i'd say 2 monies

Anonymous said...

I mean moneys ???