Friday, January 30, 2009

Are You Ready For Some Football?

I'm not that into sports. I like going to a good college football game. But ESPN is not my favorite channel. I watch Friday Night Lights. But the Superbowl? I usually just try to catch the commercials and at least know who is playing so that I don't look like a complete idiot. Steelers and Cardinals? Right? (Up until the middle of this week I thought the Cardinals were still in St. Louis. When did they move?).

So this Sunday night millions of people will watch highly paid professionals play the game. It will mostly be about who wins and which commericals were the funniest.

This other game didn't get nearly as much press, if any at all. Millions of people weren't watching. But this game reminds me that sometimes it's about more than just a ball and some players on a field. Grab a tissue.

A different football game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...really good story!! Thanks for posting! Didn't have tissues nearby, so I used my sweatshirt. :)

Meagan N. said...

Rachel, to clear up your confusion about the Cardinals, the St. Louis Cardinals are a baseball team, and are still in St. Louis. The Arizona Cardinals are a football team. :) You haven't lost your mind...