Thursday, January 29, 2009

Throwback Thursday

The date: February 1975
The place: W.T. Henning Elementary School, Sulphur, Louisiana
The mood: This is my first grade class picture. Mrs. Kraft was my teacher. That's me on the second row from the front, fourth seat. I love the fact that two of the boys are wearing leisure suits. Please note the Clifford posters above the lockers and Dick, Jane, Spot and Puff pictures on the wall. That's how we learned to read. "See Jane. See Jane run." Good times.


Interestingly enough, I graduated with almost all of these people. Only a few of them moved away. Recently, several of them have joined Facebook so I guess I'll have to post the picture there too.

2 comments:

All Things Istre of Katy said...

Ah... Ms. Kraft. I got in trouble by her soo many times (and she wasn't even my teacher)!

Anonymous said...

Dick and Jane live on! That is how Jack has learned to read. He loves them.