Thursday, August 28, 2008

Throwback Thursday

The date: August 28, 1993 (although in these pictures he is obviously a little older)
The place: Katy, Texas
The mood: I always remember the day my nephew Brian was born. I was living in Houston at the time and I was supposed to move apartments close to the day Brian was due to be born. Thankfully, when I had to move (which I seemed to do ALOT), my brothers, my brother-in-law, my dad, my mom, and my sister would come and help me. Of course, they moaned and groaned about it - all in good fun - saying they wished I would hurry up and get married so my husband could take over. Anyway, the morning of the move, David called me to say he couldn't come. I said, "Yeah, right. Let me guess. You are going to tell me Monette is in labor." She really was but I didn't believe him. I thought he was being lazy. He finally convinced me. So we moved all day and Monette had Brian that evening . Since the whole family was in town helping me, we all were able to go see him at the hospital.


He is 15 years old today. He loves sports and is playing football this year at his new high school. Practices are rough but he is toughing it out. Fletcher loves Brian because he is his cool older cousin but also because Brian will talk to Fletcher and play with him which is HUGE in the mind of a 4 year old. We hope you have a great freshman year, Brian. Happy Birthday. We love you.

4 comments:

All Things Istre of Katy said...

Thanks, Rachel. A few minor corrections for you though... The year was 1993 and hence he is 15 today and aching to get his driving permit to be able to test out my mustang.... Have a great day!

rg said...

Oops! I thought I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right. Sorry about that Brian.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brian!! We Love You!!

Traci, Cade, & Bear

saintdee01 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN
FROM UNCLE DEE & AUNT DEE