Monday, August 25, 2008

Literally

Fletcher has been having some issues with whining lately. Recently, one evening we needed to change up the order of our evening activities. Kevin was going to give Fletcher a bath while I was making dinner as opposed to our normal routine of baths after dinner.
Fletcher was whining to me, "But I don't want to take a bath right now. I want to play."

In my frustration after an entire day of whining about everything, I said rather emphatically, "You are going to do what your dad asks you to do and not whine about it. I don't care if he asks you to stand on your head!! You are going to do it and not complain!"

Long pause. . .

Silence. . .

Thinking. . .

Wait for it. . .

You know it's coming. . .

Fletcher said in all seriousness, "Well, Mom, I don't really know how to stand on my head."

I forget how very literal they are at this age.

No comments: