Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring

It has rained for two days straight here. We definitely need it since it has been so dry.

However, we also haven't had a vehicle for two days. It's been in the shop getting a couple of things fixed. So we've been hanging out at home.

The natives are beyond restless.

The native dog refuses to go do her business in the rain.

The natives' mommy is about to pull her hair out.

The icing on the cake?

On Monday Luke learned to smack his food when he eats. Yes, the very thing your mother tells you NOT to do at the table. He smacks every single bite. Numerous times. It is LOUD. It is like Chinese Water Torture. I don't know how to make him stop.

Because he has no teeth, I have to dice up everything he eats into bite size pieces. Today for lunch he had hummus on a tortilla, grapes (cut and peeled), a piece of turkey and some goldfish. So there were about 45+ pieces of food total. Imagine 45+ loud continuous smacks over a 15 minute period only stopping long enough to drink a sip of milk.

It's a good thing these natives are cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw on the weather last night that y'all were getting lots of bad weather. Hope it wasn't too bad!

Unknown said...

Hey Aunt Rachel! I wanted to tell you that I was the same way as Luke. I didn't get my first teeth until I was 14 months old. My mom said she knew they were coming in because I went up to her and said, "Mouth hurt mommy." She looked and I had 4 coming in at the same time. I also didn't loose my first tooth until I was in 2nd grade. Just thought I would share that. I was gumming pizza also! :)

rg said...

Good to know, Katie. The pediatrician says they can get them as late as 18 months. I am just imagining that I'll get him out of his crib one day and he'll have an entire set of teeth all at once! The dentist finally had to pull about 8 of my baby teeth when I was in middle school (!) because they weren't coming out on their own.