Friday, August 8, 2008

Olympics 2008


The Olympics start tonight. I am so excited. In honor of the Olympics, we are going to order Chinese food and let Fletcher stay up for awhile to watch the opening ceremonies. I have never been a huge winter Olympics fan, but I love the summer Olympics. I love watching gymnastics. I remember Mary Lou Retton in 1984 and I even vaguely remember Olga Korbut in 1972 and of course Nadia Comaneci perfect 10's in 1976 and Kerri Strug winning vault in 1996. Many of these great Olympic moments are posted on youtube.com if you are looking for another way to waste time today.

I think Fletcher will enjoy watching the swimming and track & field competitions since they are short and it is easy to see who is winning. Plus, those underwater cameras are awesome - especially when they do those funky turns on the wall!

In case you were wondering , I've decided not to post on the weekends so that I don't get too caught up in this blog and neglect my family. So we will see you on Monday.

No comments: