Monday, August 11, 2008

Lighting the Torch

On Friday Fletcher and I spent some time "studying" the Olympics. We saw where China was located, talked about the Olympic rings on the flag and what they represent, talked about what sports are in the Olympics, etc. We made a torch and some medals. We also watched the people running with the torch on youtube (I left out the Paris and London protestors). We watched a few of the medal ceremonies from the past Olympics so Fletcher could see what we had been talking about.

So, of course, before we watched the Opening Ceremonies Fletcher ran with the torch down our street and we made a pathetic attempt at a "medal ceremony". We caught most of it on video. Let's just say that the picture in my head and the way it actually turned out were verrrrrry different, but highly memorable. God bless my husband for putting up with my crazy ideas. The bronze medalist was just not very cooperative!


No comments: