Tuesday, August 19, 2008

All Geeked Out

I was a math education major in college. My friends in Houston used to make fun of me mercilessly in the summer when I had to go to continuing education conferences. They called them "Calculator Conventions". They asked, "What do you guys do? Sit around all day solving equations and telling math jokes?"


Once a geek, always a geek.


After my post last week about saving money, this is what I did this weekend.





It is my coupon binder. It is divided by sections like Canned goods, Dairy, Personal Care, etc. The coupons are in baseball card holders - nifty, huh? Easy to see the coupons and easy to see the expiration date. It zips completely closed so nothing falls out.


I took it to the grocery store Sunday night. By the way, Sunday night is a good time to go to the grocery store. Not many people there and plenty of available cashiers. A nice lady stopped me in the aisle and ooohed and ahhhed over my binder, saying what a clever idea it was and how she needed to do something like that. I didn't tell her, but I stole the binder idea from some other coupon savvy bloggers.

Between my coupons (my grocery store doubles coupons up to $1.00) and the sales going on at the store, I ended up saving over $40.00 on this trip. Not a bad start.

Got any good coupon jokes?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wish you wouldn't have posted this. WOW...$40!!! Now Cade is going to have me cutting coupons! :)

Oh well...like I have nothing better to do right!

Anonymous said...

I can top this geekiness...Stephanie and I went to a COUPON CLASS! Don't you wish you were here? Check out why-ask-why.blogspot.com for more couponing!

Anonymous said...

Sorry. That blog is www.carlie-whyaskwhy.blogspot.com She also makes a coupon binder.