Thursday, December 31, 2009

Seeking

I ran across this excerpt in early December. I wanted to post it the week of Christmas, but that didn't happen. On the Eve of a new year (how is it a new year already??), I think this is a good reminder to me of where my focus needs to be in 2010.
Be diligent in your search.
Be hungry in your quest, relentless in your pilgrimage.
Step away from puny pursuits of possessions and positions,
and seek your King.
Don't be satisfied with angels.
Don't be content with stars in the sky.
Seek Him out as the shepherds did.
Long for Him as Simeon did.
Worship Him as the wise men did.
Do like John and Andrew: Ask for His address.
Do as Matthew: Invite Jesus into your house.
Imitate Zacchaeus. Risk whatever it takes to see Christ."

-from Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado
Jeremiah 29:11 is often quoted, but verses 12, 13 and 14 are left out.


11.For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
12.Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
13.You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
14.I will be found by you," declares the Lord

What are you seeking in 2010?

No comments: