Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday was my birthday.

Yesterday we got take out from Chili's for dinner.

Yesterday we had chocolate ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery to celebrate.

Yesterday I got some really fun gifts from my friends and family including a neat keychain, a new wallet, a Reisenthel basket and some cool little mini cocettes and a cookbook to go with them.

Yesterday I received countless emails and Facebook comments from friends and family wishing me a Happy Birthday.

Yesterday I received some sweet birthday cards in the mail. Even got one from our neighbors because she remember that I share a birthday with her son. How cool is that?

Yesterday morning I spent two hours at the doctor's office with Luke.

Yesterday they did a test and told me he had strep throat. It is really hard for a two year old to get strep throat. This particular two year old has had no symptoms to speak of. He has been eating and sleeping like normal. His extra stinky breath tipped us off. He had to get a shot. But a lollipop made that all better.

Yesterday afternoon I spent most of the afternoon doing laundry while Luke napped. I couldn't exactly go anywhere with a contagious toddler which is why we had take out for dinner.

Yesterday was a good day. Not exactly how I envisioned spending my birthday, but still good. I am loved by many people. God has blessed my life immeasurably more than I can imagine (Eph. 3:20).

Two of the funniest moments?
Picture this: Candles on the cake are lit. Fletcher and Kevin are singing Happy Birthday.
K & F: Happy Birthday to you.
Luke: It my birfday
K & F: Happy Birthday to you.
Luke: (louder) It my birfday
K & F: Happy Birthday dear Mommy
Luke: (even louder) No. No. Say happy birfday Wuke
K & F: Happy Birthday to you.
Luke: It my birfday.

Fletcher: Mom! I told my whole class that you are 41 years old today.
Mom: Oh... thanks (I think).

No comments: