Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ode to the Purple Chair

So while we are on the subject of furniture...
We have this purple chair. We acquired it from Grandma and Papa Charlie right before we moved here. It is smaller than a loveseat but bigger than a standard club chair. Probably would be called a chair and a half. It has a matching ottoman. The fabic is purple with an embossed palm tree pattern.

My kids love this chair. I do too. It has been in Luke's room since we moved here. But we recently moved it to Fletcher's room when Luke got his new furniture. We sit and read books on it. When I'm not looking, I am almost certain, the boys jump off of it. They don't know I know that. It has taken a beating from them, but it is still holding strong. Believe it or not, if we squeeeeeeeze, all four of us fit on the chair at night for Bible time. Sadie sometimes joins us. I laugh at the thought of us living in this big house yet all of us are squeezed onto 8 square feet of space. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I probably should look in to having it recovered. My boys are too wiggly for slipcovers. Plus, that size is hard to find. I've tried a few that didn't work.

How much do they love this chair? When we moved it into Fletcher's room this weekend, he asked me if he could take it with him when he moves out. Like a good mom, I said "absolutely."

Little does he know he already has another chair that he will most likely acquire. Seeing that he's already put his mark on it.




No comments: