Friday, November 20, 2009

Oh, Dear!

Kevin had a work related dinner Thursday night so it was just "me and the boys" for our nightly routine.

We read the story of Hannah praying for a baby and how God answered her prayer and gave her Samuel.
Mom: I like the story of Hannah because I know what it is like to really want a baby and pray and ask God for a baby.
Fletcher: I like that story too.
Mom: Do you know what happened when Mommy prayed for a baby?
Fletcher: Me and then Luke.
Mom: That's right. You are both answers to our prayers.
Fletcher: I am going to pray for a baby girl.
Mom: You mean when you become a parent.
Fletcher: No, I mean right now... a baby sister ... then we could give her back to God like Hannah did.
Mom (big gulp - not ready for this): Well, right now Dad and I are ok with just having two boys. We don't want to limit God, but He would have to be really clear about adding to our family.
Fletcher: I'm going to pray anyway.

And he did.

Deep breath. No, we are not pregnant. No, we are not pursuing another adoption. In fact, just two days ago I took all of the nursery bedding (quilt, bumper pad, matching curtains, etc) to a consignment store because we took the crib down. And we've offered the crib to another family.

By the way, later that same evening Fletcher asked me how old I would be when he was 15. When I said "50", he almost fell off the stepstool. "Really???" Yet another reason why we feel like our little family is complete.

I'm just not sure what else to say.

1 comment:

saintdee01 said...

HEY - BE SURE TO TELL HIM THAT
'50' IS NOT OLD. HE HAS CERTAIN AUNTS AND UNCLES THAT ARE THAT AGE heehee. LOVE Y'ALL - HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.