Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Little Things

There are so many little things I hope I always remember about my children -

The way they smell after a bath
The sound of Luke's little feet running down the hall to keep up with his brother
The way Fletcher prays these detailed prayers then abruptly ends them
The way Luke calls every single insect, piece of dirt, and ball of fuzz a "lady bug" but it comes out "wady bug"
The way they scream and laugh when they wrestle with Kevin
The way Fletcher pretends to already be sleeping when I go in to kiss him goodnight
The way Luke giggles when I tuck him in right up to his chin
The four of us eating together at our table and talking about our day
The way Luke likes to go check the mail and says he has "two mails" if he gets more than one thing
The way we go on a walk and we put one of them between us holding hands and we say "one, two, three" then swing them high into the air. And they ask to do it again and again.
The way they both wake up in happy moods ready for the day (I could learn something from them)
The way Fletcher brings me flowers (or weeds that look like flowers) because he knows I like flowers
The way Luke brings me the pink play ice cream because he knows I like pink
The way they both "help" Kevin get dressed and it takes twice as long
The way they both love books and going to the library
The way Fletcher changes clothes the second he walks in the door from church or school
Tickle Time
Playing Superman on mom or dad's feet, high in the air
Sitting on ducks
Bible time together at night on the purple chair in Luke's room - just the five of us (Sadie too)

No comments: