Friday, November 6, 2009

I Want Her Job!

My neighbor who lives across the street from us is a toy rep. Yes, a toy rep. I didn't know toy reps exsisted. My brother-in-law is a pharmaceutical sales rep so I know what he does. But what exactly does a toy rep do?



Well, she calls on toy stores and tries to get them to purchase some of the toys from the toy companies she represents to resell in their stores. These aren't standard brands you usually see at Target or Walmart. Most of the brands are from more unique toy stores on stuff you might see online.



The best part about her job? Samples. Toy companies send her samples to take with her on her sales calls so the toy store owners can get an idea of the quality, color, size, etc.



How is that beneficial to me? Once or twice a year she has a toy sale at her house right across the street. She sells all of her samples in preparation for all of the new samples she will receive. The samples are brand new. The UPS truck is constantly at her house.



Her prices are great and as I mentioned before, the toys are somewhat unique. It is a great way to stock up for Christmas and birthday presents.

This super cute peek and play block set (which won several toy awards) retails for $40.

I bought it for $5.

This wooden stacking block set from Ryan's Room retails for around $30.


I bought it for $5 too.

I could have spent more than I did. But I restrained myself.

The only hard thing is that she has two daughters and when we are invited to one of their birthday parties, I have NO CLUE what to get them because they really do have everything!

No comments: