Monday, November 16, 2009

Don't Lick The Railroad Track

We have a neighbor friend who also has a fancy schmancy camera similar to Kevin's. We've said several times that we should try to get together and swap family photo sessions. You know how it goes. Unless you hire a professional photographer, it is very difficult to get a good family photo. So we found a cool place**. Kevin figured out a good time (right before the sun goes down). And off we went. I won't share all of the pictures because we'll use one for our Christmas card. But here are a few fun ones from the day.

We decided NOT to do the traditional white/khaki, black/denim, white/denim, black/khaki color combos just to see how it would turn out. Unfortunately, when I bought Fletcher's green sweater I just sort of guessed it would match my green sweater. I didn't bother to check until picture day. They don't match. Thank goodness for PhotoShop!

She and Kevin are both still learning so some of the photos are blurry or off center, but I included some of those anyway since they were still cute.




I wish we would have taken more of these with Luke more centered. That's him way up in the air. It is nice to have a really strong dad.






We had fun playing around trying to see what might make a good photo.




Kevin took a series of photos of Luke sitting on the track. Before I realized it or could stop him, Luke leans over and licks the railroad track. See the spit in the photo below? I guess it was shiny and he wondered what it would taste like. Silly boy.











**When I suggested this spot, I thought these railroad tracks were no longer in use. I was quite surprised that they were. Kevin and the other family wanted to stay (and use caution) since we were already there. We had not one, not two, but three trains come by after we finished our pictures on the tracks. The bridge went over the tracks and the boys were looking at the train in the picture below. Had I known it was still a working railroad, I would have never suggested it. I had bad dreams all night on Saturday about trains.

I had put a pack of Smarties candy in my pocket as a bribe for Luke. Yes, I will totally bribe my children with candy if it means getting a good photo. I told Luke he had to smile for a piece of candy. The picture below is his candy smile. So genuine. Doesn't look fake at all, right?
Unfortunately, I was taking the picture and it is a little blurry.


1 comment:

Georgia Girl said...

Those are adorable! What fun times!! I am always trying to grab moments like that when I can, too. And I totally use bribery...always a pocket full of small marshmallows for Caleb!