Thursday, May 7, 2009

Throwback Thursday



The date(s): 1990 and 1995
The place(s): Furman Univ. in SC and somewhere in Atlanta, GA
The mood(s): Siblings having fun! Both of these pictures are of Kevin and his sister Stacie. They've always had a good relationship (although I think they would both tell you they had their fair share of disagreements through the years).

Here's a little factoid for you - they both worked at Arthur Andersen in Atlanta for awhile, but in different departments.

I put up these pictures for two reasons. 1) They are great pictures of the two of them. 2) The first time I ever went to Kevin's apartment, he had the second picture in a frame on his shelf. I immediately went into questioning mode in my mind because I couldn't figure out a tactful way to ask Kevin directly. I was wondering: Who is she? Is she a former girlfriend? Is she a current girlfriend and he forgot to take down the picture? Are there any other pictures of her in this apartment like maybe in his room? I had NO IDEA she was his sister. You have to admit when you look at the pictures that there aren't any extreme similarities that would tell me that they are related (different eye color, different facial structure). I cannot tell you how relieved I was when I found out it was his sister! I don't remember the exact details but I think he might have seen me looking at the picture (trying to nonchalantly read the title and date at the bottom) and told me.
Edited to add: Look very closely in the first picture at Kevin's ear - do you see what I see?

No comments: