Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Pilgrimage to Ikea

Memorial Day was rainy here so we decided to take a little trip to the Ikea store which recently opened here. There's an IKEA in Houston, but it's been a long time since I've been to that one.

Oh. My. Goodness. That is a big store. Half the population of the city had the same idea we did because it was also very crowded.

We did buy a few things. (I love the fact that IKEA has fun stuff but most of it is very inexpensive.) Now that we've been in this house almost two years, I'm determined to get some decorating done this summer. Simple things like, oh I don't know, pictures on the walls maybe. I'll post pictures after we're done.

We ended the day at a local outlet mall with a Bass Pro Shop and a NASCAR go cart racing / video arcade. A little slice of heaven for a certain 5 year old.

No comments: