Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Shingles

Kevin has shingles.

Shingles normally occurs in people over the age of 60.

Shingles is stress related.

Make your own conclusions.

Thankfully, they are not hurting him too much. We are trying to be careful because Luke hasn't been vaccinated yet for chicken pox. Fletcher has. The virus that causes shingles is the same one that causes chicken pox so it is possible that Luke could catch chicken pox from Kevin's shingles. It is highly unlikely, but possible.

I had shingles when I was in the 6th grade. I'm not sure what that says about my stress level as a 6th grader. I had them on my right hip. They were very itchy. I do recall my brothers telling me that if they made a ring completely around my waist that I would die. I spent every day for two weeks hoping and praying they wouldn't spread. There's nothing like the comforting words of family members when one is ill.

More family birthdays this month! Happy Birthday to our niece, Amanda! We hope you have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

saintdee01 said...

I'M A FEW DAYS LATE IN POSTING - BUT HEY KEV - HOPE YOUR SHINGLES ARE GETTING BETTER. I HEAR THEY'RE NOT A FUN THING TO HAVE.
LOVE YA