Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fine Line

I've been trying to teach Luke how to put things where they belong. We sing the "Clean Up" song as we put toys back on his shelves and in bins. Right now I am doing most of the cleaning up, but he is starting to learn just like Fletcher did when he was this age. I am starting to wonder if he is getting a little OCD because he absolutely cannot walk past a door or cabinet that is open without closing it. Pantry door open just a bit? He runs by. Stops. Turns around and runs back to close it. Door to the garage is open so mommy can unload the groceries? He promptly closes it over and over again no matter how many times I tell him to leave it open.

I've also been having Luke put his clothes in the hamper in the laundry room after his bath or in the morning when I get him dressed. It is very cute to watch him walk down the hall and into the laundry room and throw his stuff into the hamper.

However -

He seems to be a little confused as to the definition of "laundry hamper". In our kitchen we have one of those trash cans that is built in to our cabinets right next to our sink. Luke knows how to open it. This weekend Kevin found a pair of his socks and his tshirt in the trash. Sunday night we found Fletcher's slippers in the trash.

Obviously, my training is not done yet.

I guess that's one way to make sure everybody keeps their stuff picked up.

Speaking of Luke, he now has a new "mad face". I would love to get a picture of him doing it but I can't make any promises. If he is doing something he isn't supposed to do and we tell him "No" (throwing food on the floor, hitting the dog, etc). He furrows his eyebrows, squints his eyes, pooches out his lips and grunts. It makes us laugh every time he does it which doesn't help when we are trying to reprimand him. I can't decide if he made this one up on his own or saw someone else doing it and he is trying to copy him/her. Surely, it wasn't me.

1 comment:

Georgia Girl said...

Caleb has a thing about closed doors, too. When he is eating the laundry room door always has to be closed. I was thinking a little OCD myself.