Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Family Project - Part Two

The dirt is in. The plants are in. The rabbit fence is around the garden (until we get a nasty letter from our HOA telling us we didn't submit plans and ask for approval).


We might get snow next week. Arghhhhhh!


First a quick video and then two pictures for those of you who still use dial up and have trouble getting videos. I won't mention any names but these are the same people who still don't have call waiting and only recently switched from rotary dial phones. . .


Left to right strawberries (that's mulch on top of them), broccoli, lettuce, onions, carrots.

I realize it may look like Kevin and Fletcher are doing all the work, but someone had to take pictures. Luke "helped" by pulling up several of the onion plants right after we put them in. Maybe it is a combo rabbit/toddler fence.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the music with the slideshow was awesome

Anonymous said...

When we lived in NC we were told not to plant anything until after April 15. I can't remember if we followed that rule.

rg said...

I thought the gardening guy was crazy when he told me Feb. 15 but that's supposedly the magic date for spring planting in NC. April 15 is the magic date for summer plants like cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers because that is after the last frost. I'm starting to wonder if we should have waited and just tried summer gardening.

Georgia Girl said...

We were always told to wait until after Easter, probably why the April 15. No clue why, though! It's not as if I've ever planted anything anyway.

Oh, and it will only snow if it's the day Kevin goes out of town. If he's in Raleigh come March 3rd maybe I'll have my baby on a snow day!