Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Aunt Stacie!


Today is a special day for Aunt Stacie! Happy Birthday! We wish we could be there to celebrate with you. She'd kill me if I said how old she is. Let's just say I know how she feels. :)

She is a great wife and mom. She is part of a ministry called Moms in Touch for moms who pray for their children, teachers and classmates. She also helps out with MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) so some frazzled new moms can get a much needed break from their children. While you'll probably never see her up on a stage in a spotlight, she has a heart for other people and she quietly and effectively helps where there's a need.

I know she loves our boys and they love her. Her kids are a few years older than ours so she has traveled many of the "parenting roads" that we are now on. I appreciate the fact that she (and Gavin) seeks God's direction in raising their children and stick to it even if it means having to make unpopular decisions. I also appreciate her wisdom and insight and the fact that she can remain calm and usually laugh in most situations where I would freak out. She helps me remember not to take life too seriously because I might miss something.

Stacie is more than just a sister-in-law, she is a great friend. We love you. We miss you. And we hope you have a great day!

No comments: