Wednesday, November 26, 2008

That's Gonna Leave A Mark

Luke got his stitches out yesterday. Let's just say he was less than thrilled. It took the doctor quite some time to get them out. The doc said they were harder to take out, but he didn't put them in. Since I was there for both, I'd say that neither was easy and I hope we don't have to do that again. He still has to wear a band-aid until it heals completely.

Monday night I walked in our bedroom to go to bed (Kevin was already asleep). I turned off the little TV that sits on our dresser so it was completely dark. I guess I misjudged the position of our solid wood four poster king size bed. I managed to walk directly into the post whacking my forehead so hard that it knocked me down. Ouch! For the first time in my life, I really did see stars. I thought I broke my glasses. I now have a lovely goose egg above my left eye. Just in time for the family Thanksgiving picture. I just hope the swelling goes down. Now I wish my hair stylist didn't cut my bangs.

I'll warn you in advance --- if I do have time to send out Christmas cards and photos this year, given the number of facial injuries we've had around here, chances are they ain't gonna be pretty!

No comments: