Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am in sunny, warm Florida celebrating Thanksgiving with Kevin's side of our family.

Today I am thankful for family. My little family that consists of Kevin, Fletcher, Luke, Sadie and me. My "in-law" family in Florida with Kevin's parents, his sister and her family. My family in Louisiana and Texas with my parents, siblings, their spouses and nieces and nephews. I have been blessed with a great family. I have warm, fond memories of holidays spent with family. Food, football, laughter. The where isn't important. It's the who that counts. Seeing people we haven't seen in quite awhile. Catching up. Relaxing. Watching cousins play together. Holiday movies that make you laugh. Family is worth it.

Thankful that we are all basically healthy. Thankful that we have the resources to go visit family and get in touch with ones we won't see. Thankful that we are genuinely excited to see one another. Thankful that despite hardships and life's challenges, we are there for one another. Thankful that we love and serve an amazing God who provides for our every need.

I hope you've spent time with your family today.

1 comment:

saintdee01 said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL, RACHEL! WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU AND ARE THANKFUL TOO - FOR ALL GOD'S BLESSINGS.
CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE FAMILY TIME DURING THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS

PS - DAVE SAYS "HI" TOO