Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Be My Guest

We are getting fancy here at Snickelfritz Lane. I have a guest writing today's post. Everyone welcome my very handsome husband, Kevin.

(Hi, Kevin)
--------------------------
We have some news!

We are preparing for the next big leg of life’s journey. As many of you know, I work in the real estate industry. It’s no secret that real estate has been extremely difficult for the past several years. We are blessed that I am still employed and that God continues to faithfully provide for us. Recently, I was asked to consider an opportunity in another community that my company is developing. The project is just south of the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area (let's hope our kids like college basketball). This will be a great opportunity for me professionally.

My company (like every other real estate company) has been working hard to weather the economy. I believe that this company has positioned themselves to make it through this difficult period, but part of that requires us to be flexible. As is typical with most transitions, it is impossible to know all the details up front. However, I believe my company has confidence in my abilities and this opportunity appears to be the door that God is opening. In faith we are walking through it. One of my favorite scripture passages is found in Proverbs 16:9. It says “In his heart man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps”. I get up early in the morning to “plan my course”, confident that God is determining our steps.

As you might expect, this is a bit overwhelming. We spent the past weekend up in the Chapel Hill area looking for a rental home. We drove over 500 miles this past weekend with two kids in tow. They were champs… We are completely worn out!

Certainly we will keep you all informed as the next chapter of life on Snickelfritz Lane unfolds.

Here's a shout out to Aunt Peanut. Happy Birthday! We love you and we hope you have a great day. We will see you at Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another exciting journey! I'm sure it will be great. By the way, that's one of my favorite verse, too!