Thursday, September 18, 2008

Throwback Thursday


The date: Christmas 1979ish
The place: Middleton, Wisconsin
The mood: Nothing says lovin' like a Snuggle Sack from Grandma Elinor. This is Kevin and his cousins Shane and Kolt (from left to right). These Snuggle Sacks were Christmas presents. Aren't the prints just lovely? According to Kevin's description, these Sacks were like sleeping bags with feet, armholes and a hood. So I suppose you could put it on to watch Love Boat and Fantasy Island while eating popcorn and then get up and walk straight to bed without taking it off. With the hood up, they probably looked like Jedi Knights if Star Wars would have been set in the 70's. I am sure they were quite comfy in those long cold Wisconsin winters. His sister Stacie (the only granddaughter on that side of the family) remembers that she didn't get one for Christmas and she really wanted one. I'm checking ebay every day for her. Maybe they will make a comeback this Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW! My Mom would probably love one of those because she is always cold. If they make a comeback this Christmas, I will know what to get her.