Monday, November 1, 2010

Boo! (Update added at the end)

No, not "boo" as in ghosts and Halloween, but "boo" as in what people say when someone calls a bad play in a sporting event.  As in "this stinks."

Right before I went to bed Saturday night, I posted a picture of our pumpkin on Facebook and checked email.  Everything was fine.

Sunday morning, I tried to turn the computer on and nothing.  Fan runs, it grinds a little bit but that's it.  We have no idea what's going on.  Kevin is trying to figure it out.  Of course,  I can't remember the last time I backed up my pictures.  Boo!  I had some great blog posts planned for this week.  Boo!  We'll probably have to buy a new computer.  Boo! 

Our monitor quit just a few weeks ago too.  I wonder if any of this is related to our lightning strike awhile back.  Like a delayed reaction or something. Kevin says he doesn't think so since we had a surge protector on the computer stuff. 

I'm typing this on Kevin's laptop.  Not sure what this week's posts will look like.  In the meantime, if you are on FB, you can look on my profile and see our pumpkin for 2010.

Edited to add:  In case you didn't see the comment, my super awesome talented husband was able to get us back up and running with a quick trip to Best Buy to diagnose the problem and get a replacement part (power supply, I think).  I had no idea when I married him that he had so many cool skills. 

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Sweet. Fixed it with a $60 part (power supply) from Best Buy! I need a job with the Geek Squad!

All Things Istre of Katy said...

you gonna backup all your stuff Rachel?