Thursday, April 15, 2010

Well, Alrighty Then

I debated about whether to write this post or not.

However, since this is supposed to be a blog about life with my husband and my boys, I decided I probably should include the good, the bad, and in this case, the ugly.

Fletcher and I are in the computer room talking. I am sitting in the chair and he is standing so we are really at eye level.

Fletcher is standing about three inches from my nose (why is it that kids don't understand "personal space"??).

Fletcher: Mom? Can I tell you something?
Mom: Yes. What is it?
Fletcher: (getting even closer) You kinda have this beard above your lip.
Mom: (speechless)

Speechless for several reasons which I will now outline for you.

1. Technically, I think he was looking for the word "moustache" instead of "beard", but he was still able to get his point across.
2. I didn't know he was that observant.
3. In his own delicate 6 year old way, he reminded me that it was time to do some personal grooming. Yikes! Such is the curse of having an olive complexion and cajun French heritage.
4. I better keep him away from my legs because Lord only knows what he would say about them!

Sometimes it is hard being the only female in an all male household. *sigh*

No comments: