Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Heavenly Day

*The song is "Heavenly Day" by Patti Griffin

We went to Devil's Fork State Park on Lake Jocassee in South Carolina for our getaway weekend. The park is close to where NC, SC and GA meet. I had no idea how beautiful it was there. I have to say I was impressed with the SC state park and their cabins. They actually call them "villas" instead of cabins. Ours had a lake view. It was super clean with plenty of room, a nice kitchen and a screened porch that I wanted to pack up and take home with me. It didn't have a dishwasher so I had to wash dishes by hand. However, there was a window above the kitchen sink with a gorgeous view so I really didn't mind. The boys loved it. Lake Jocassee is a man made lake. Something like 90% of it is untouched and undeveloped.

Our friends who we knew from Houston and who now live in Greenville came up and joined us for the day on Saturday. They brought their boat. They have been on this lake before so they knew where all the really cool waterfalls were located. We had so much fun visiting and catching up with them. Our boys loved playing with their two precious girls (ages 5 and 4). We finished out the day with hotdogs and s'mores.

This lake is known for great fishing opportunities. Fletcher and Kevin tried to fish, but they didn't catch anything. We told Fletcher that the water in the lake is so clear (it really was) that the fish could see them and swam away. I am sure it had nothing to do with his loud talking during the fishing adventure.

I realize this wasn't camping since we were in a very nice cabin, but it was really fun and may convince me that camping could be fun. Notice I said "may". I'm not committing to anything just yet.

No comments: