Friday, April 9, 2010

Watch Out Oprah, Dr. Phil, Regis & Kelly


On a tooth note, I only remember my dad pulling a few of my teeth. For some reason the roots of my baby teeth just wouldn't dissolve so the dentist ended up pulling most of them so that my permanent teeth could come in. I still remember the xrays of my teeth with these freakishly long roots. The dentist said at the rate I was going, if we waited for nature to take it's course I wouldn't lose all of my baby teeth until college. Um, that could have been awkward. I do remember the drama (mine) that went along with my dad pulling my teeth. I am not a big fan of pain. Once I was so upset that my dad pulled my tooth then we couldn't find it anywhere. As best we could tell, I had sucked it down my throat in my crying, snivelling fit. Needless to say, Kevin is the official teeth puller in this family. I think I might pass out if I had to do it. Unfortunately, Fletcher has a flair for the dramatic too so those two top teeth are really just dangling there like underwear on a clothesline in the summer breeze. We're just going to let them dangle until they fall out.

1 comment:

Georgia Girl said...

Oh my! Somehow I have a sneaky suspicion that will be my Caleb. He gives me a big fuss just over clipping his toenails. Last night I was trying to wrangle him into it and he kept offering me his fingernails. I can't wait for teeth - NOT!!