Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It Starts Early


I grew up with two brothers. And I taught high school for 8 years. College ministry too for five more years. So I know the fascination that guys seem to have with bodily functions. Flatulence, especially.

Ever since Fletcher was small, if he passed gas (our family calls it "tooting"), I would ask him, "Did you just sit on a duck?" I don't know where that question came from, but that's what we ask.

Recently, Luke tooted and I asked him, "Did you just sit on a duck?" Well, being the literal 15 month old, he started looking all around behind him and underneath him for a duck. Too cute, right?

Today at the mall Luke was in his stroller and I was bending down in front of him at eye level. He really let one rip. Loud. Smelly. Almost knocked me over. Made my eyes water. He looked at me with those big brown eyes and smiled the biggest smile and said, "Quack, Quack."

Oh, the preteen years will be so fun around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA!! I love it.