Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Early Birthday Celebration

While we were in Florida for Thanksgiving, we decided to celebrate Fletcher's birthday a little early because he REALLY wanted to celebrate with his cousins. We had hotdogs and cake at the park with the pirate ship playground. I figured with the holidays, Publix might not have time to do an appropriate cake so we went the Betty Crocker route. He wanted a Star Wars theme. I am not a crafty person so when Fletcher and Anna said they wanted to decorate the cake, I let them.

They spent a large portion of the morning experimenting with frosting and food coloring to get the colors just right. Then for added effect they used some of Kevin's Star Wars action figures from when he was a kid. The cake itself was about 1 inch tall and the frosting was about 2 inches tall. It was a sugar induced coma waiting to happen. Yes, the action figures are knee deep in the cake. Fletcher thought it was absolutely awesome.
We didn't get many pictures. Someone decided to build the playground/park/pavilion right next to an open retention pond and Luke spent the entire party either trying to get into the pond or eat the mulch on the playground.

Fletcher and Graham in the pirate ship/Millennium Falcon.

He wore this outfit before we knew the outcome of the game.

Anna on the balance beam.

2 comments:

Thom Trahan said...

I'm awarding Uncle Kevin 20 style points! Only classy people like us keep their action figures!

Also, that cake needs to get emailed to http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/!

Georgia Girl said...

Yah, I'm glad the little outfit looks so adorable on Luke! Bill had passed it to me but I passed I knew it was meant to go to Luke.

Oh, and my birthday is Dec. 25th...I'd like to order a cake!