Friday, July 23, 2010

Music

Ok so in the 80's (here we go again) it seemed like there were probably 25 or so popular musicians and bands from all different genres. Michael Jackson, Duran Duran, The Police, U2, George Strait, AC/DC, The GoGos, Prince, Stryper and a few more. It was easy to keep up.

Now? Not so much. With the invention of the internet (thanks, Al Gore), Napster, MySpace, YouTube, Facebook and iTunes, there are new bands and musicians popping up all the time. Some of the really cool and hip blogs that I visit also have music. I should look into that for this blog. I hear the songs and think, "Hmmmm....I wonder who is singing that?" Then when I look on their nifty little song thingy, I see a name I don't even recognize. People like Amos Lee or Brooks Fraser or Patty Griffin or Priscilla Ahn or Uncle Kracker. I can't keep up. It makes me feel out of the loop. But I love the fact that all these people are getting to live their dreams of being a rock star. But there are so many rock stars, I'm not sure anyone will be as famous as Michael Jackson.

Is there a point to this post? Because if there is I hope I hurry up and make it. I think this summer sun is doing something to my brain.

Allow me to take you back to my Louisiana roots. Hold your questions until the end of the video.

No, it isn't a Cajun Milli Vanilli. Yes, that really is the white boy singing.
Luke loves this song. I think the beat draws him in.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Did you know that Marc Broussard has a gospel album (as well? Some really good bluzey type Jesus tunes. He is one of Sadie's faves as well. Have you listened to some Audrey Assad (orig. from South Florida), The Gabe Dixon Band, or Ray LaMontagne? Ray is great background music:) OH and The Weepies. That should keep you busy...