Monday, July 12, 2010

Costumes

Our boys have a big orange costume bin. All the Halloween costumes go in there plus other costumes I've picked up along the way at consignment sales. We have everything from super heroes to Star Wars to pirates to Japanese warriors.

Luke is just now getting into the costume stage. Before church, this is what he put on:


In case you can't tell, it included a Peter Pan hat, a super hero cape, Kevin's tie*, Fletcher's Japanese warrior kimono made out of a tshirt, Mom's wrist guard** from my rollerblading days, and a pocket Bible. *I don't want anyone making any false assumptions. Kevin no longer wears ties. This is the one they use when they are pretending to be like Daddy which is ironic since Kevin doesn't wear ties to work or to church or to mow the yard. But I don't correct them. **I've gotten alot of mileage out of those wrist guards. Both boys love wearing them. They fit their little wrists and they like to pretend the plastic part shoots lasers or spider webs depending on who they are dressed up as.

I'm not sure who he was trying to be, but he was very proud of himself. (I'm also not sure where his shorts were.)



Even though he pitched a fifteen minute all out screaming, crying, wailing fit tonight because he didn't want to leave the pool, I still love this age. And I love him too.

No comments: