Thursday, March 11, 2010

Visualize Whirled Peas

I've mentioned the Seeds Family Worship cds on this blog before. We have several in the car and lately our music boy (Luke) has been asking me, "What dis song sing?" In other words, "What is this song singing about?" I try as best as I can to explain them to him.

There a song called "Take Heart" which is John 16:33 set to music. The verse says, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

You can probably guess where this is headed, right?

Luke: Mommy, they are singing about peas.
Mom: Well, Luke they are actually singing about peace (emphasizing the word). The peace that Jesus gives us because he is bigger than our problems.
Luke: No, it peas!!! (emphatically)
Mom: (silence - I've learned to pick my battles).
Luke: (singing from the backseat) You may have peas, you may have peas.

You can hear the entire song if you go here http://www.seedsfamilyworship.net/media_listen.php
Then click on the drop down arrow and choose Power of Encouragement then track #4 Take Heart.
It won't let me link to the song directly.

No comments: