Friday, March 26, 2010

The Randomness Continues

We are going on a fun field trip today with Fletcher's school so hopefully I'll have something to write about on Monday. With pictures too!

In the meantime, I took this from another blog but put in my answers instead because that would have just been weird to leave her answers in there. I'm not that lazy.

Outside my window...it is dark. However, grass is getting green, little buds are appearing on the trees and I saw a red cardinal in the backyard. Spring is here.

I am thinking...about what I need to get together for our field trip tomorrow. I need to be on the road by 8:30 with a picnic lunch. Plenty of snacks too. My boys are bottomless pits on road trips.

I am thankful for...children who go to bed and stay in bed. Our boys have always been good sleepers and it makes our nights much more peaceful.

From the kitchen...I made Balsamic Vinegar Pork Loin tonight. Kevin liked it. I should have marinated it longer because I thought the meat was a little tough. Both of the kids told me they didn't like the smell. Next time I'll marinate it overnight and see if that changes anything.

I am wearing...jean skirt and purple floral shirt. This shirt reminds me of spring and several people told me that same thing today.

I am creating...nothing right now. I need to organize my cookbook. That has been on my to do list for two years now. Yikes!

I am going... to figure out our summer vacation plans and whether Fletcher will do any summer camps or not.

I am reading...The Help by Kathyrn Stockett. I'm only a few pages into it, but I think it will be good. It has been awhile since I've just read a book for fun if you don't count kids books.

I am hoping...a new sofa falls out of the sky in perfect condition that matches my living room. Dream big, right? I'm still checking craigslist. I'm doing a little research on Sunbrella type indoor/outdoor fabric. It is supposed to be great for upholstery for pets and kids. I was a little skeptical about Sunbrella fabric until I saw some in a fabric store and it looked and felt just like regular fabric. That might be a good solution for us. I am also hoping our babysitter comes back soon. She is on a trip until mid-April and I could really use a date night. Maybe I should try to find another babysitter. Hmmm...

I am hearing...the Thursday night tv lineup - Parks and Rec right now.

Around the house...I still need to make some decisions about Luke's room. Paint color, bed, artwork, etc. I am so bad at that kind of thing. Plus, the beds I like are way too expensive.

One of my favorite things...a few more hours of daylight after dinner and a clean car. My car desperately needs a good cleaning both inside and out. That's two things.

Happy Birthday today to my niece Allie! I hope she has a great day.

No comments: